Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Footer Navigation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:17:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Never Away Message Board
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  My son
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My son  (Read 8390 times)
amy65

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »

I have recently buried my son he died on 14/9/2010 im struggling to cope i am not in work and on my own a lot .He was an ex Welsh guard but went to Iraq to work doing close protection .I have had no phone call froom the company feel angry bitter .I feel things would have been different if he was still in the guards .He had meet prince charles was a sniper and an excellant soldier .his name was Karl .
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 01:14:01 AM »

Hi Welcome
Sorry about your loss....and the agony and grief you are now living...I know as I am also a Bereaved Parent......I am five years down the path and stll have terriblemoments....all I can add is that you will find inner strength and cope day to day surviving.....Think of all the Goodness he did and someone somewgere will have benefited from his doing...I expectd alot from varous sources and all dissapointed me...expect nothing and you will not feel let down...anything else will be a bonus..
Remember
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Ivan
amy65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »

I have so much fear inside for the future i suppose this is normal ?i feel myself retreating into an unkown world .
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »

Hi
Apologies for delay

The fear you are experiencing is very normal...etreating into yourself is a normal reaction and a positive way of protecting yourself from the outside world.....only time with patience if you let it and realise is the only cure...I found no medecine or councelling to be of help.....go day by day...fear for the future is a fear of the unknown.....from my experience I say expect no help...focus a day at a time,,,what lies way ahead at the moment is irrelevant.. as twists and turns of your inner feelings will occur all the time..just let them be...they will not harm you.....
Keep coming back

bless
Ivan
amy65

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »

Thankyou for your reply ,I am very low today have had feelings of suicide im sure this is a reaction i dont agree with it anyway .It just shows the depths of my greif .I can be with somone all day but then come home and breakdown and feel very lonley .
Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »

I really understand I feel that everyday.. x
broken mother

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »

I feel so very sorry for you. I too have lost my only son, he was 33, and killed by a moron in a car. I too had no help, apart from my husband, and like you he had suicidal thoughts. The only way to cope is minute by minute, do not even try to think further than today, somehow you will survive, even tho you dont realy want to.

We are now nearly 9 years down the line, and it does get easier, we even laugh sometimes now, something that seemed impossible then.

I pray that you will have the strength to face this very cruel life we have had forced upon us. God bless you, love Val x

margaret ngonga
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »

I joined this post today.  I lost my  beuatiful 18 year old baby girl  on the 19 January 2011 and my whole world collapsed. She was hit by a trailer driver while crossing the raod... the breaks failed am told... and it had to kill my baby girl.She was my best friend, full of life and her two brothers and I are totally devastated. Some days are better than others, but my heart breaks and weeps for her.. my despair is deep... i have gained about 20 pounds- have stopped caring about the future. She was full of life, was an acheiver, was full of love.... I miss her terribly and dont know what to do.Some days I stay awake for four days in a row, sometimes, I sleep and dont want to wake up.... wish its just a terrible  dream.... the reality is too painful. I bumped into this website and relate to everyone's feelings....
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:02:23 PM »

Hi

I am Ivan.. moderator and I have also lost a 20yr old son some 5 years ago...I am still coping...how and why I do not know.....so, there is the proof that life can still continue......Rough....tough....agonising...and all the worst that can be thrown at you......beleive me, when I say you will get through...like all of us.....
remember you are not alone...
Ivan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length