Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Footer Navigation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 11, 2019, 08:59:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Never Away Message Board
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New to the forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 6130 times)
caslass

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »

Hi,
My only child and daughter died on 10/6/2009 after losing her battle with Cystic Fibrosis, she was just 27.
Although we lived with the possibility of her early death, it happened very suddenly and quickly. She was supposed to get married on 4th September but the wedding was brought forward and she married in hospital on 5th June just 5 days before she died. i haven't even come to trems with losing her when my son in law has told me he is seeing another woman. I am absolutely devastated and don't know how to deal with it. My mind knows he has to move on and build a new life but my heart is breaking that he can do this so soon. Until this happened i thought i was doing ok, now i feel like i'm in a black hole and can't get out. I love my son in law like a son (his mum died 15 years ago) and he looks on me as a 2nd mother but i can't deal with this however i try. I just feel like my life is disintigrating, 8 months ago i had a daughter and a son in law and if he makes a new life which i think he will, i feel i will have nothing. I cared for my daughter for all her life and we were best friends as well as mother and daughter. When Rich came a long i treated him like a son and i thought i'd at laest have him after rebecca passed away. I don't now what to do, my mind wants him to be happy again, but my heart is broken. How do i come to terms with it before i push him out of my life because of my irrational thinking. I've already accused him of getting over Rebecca so soon!! Is there anyone who has had to deal with this situation, please any advise or suggestions.

lost 4 life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:24 AM »

im sorry for your loss there is nothing worse . my only child was killed in a car crash and my 8 month old granddaughter was in car and survived her husband was hooked up within 2 months its insalt to the heart you dont even have any more. my daughter died on feb 26 2005 .everyone in the begining are hurt shocked however it fades with them for us its a life sentince
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »

Welcome

Grief or really shock to the body is something you will find impossible to cope with initially......it stinks.....in every sense......there are quite a  few of us in the same boat....i am 4yrs down the road after losing 20yr old son in car accident and every day seen like the day after it happened..somehow i an still here....something inside or them gone gice us the possability to keep going..

come back often and we shall all reply especially me as i am on every day as a moderator...keep the nasty away....

by the way how did you find the site if you do not mind me asking

keep well

ivan
tilly232

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »

hi i lost my son a year ago and people keep telling me it will get easier but for me its getting harder my life feels like a puzzle with the bits missing i feel depressed all the time and feel like i cant talk to any one i was looking through sites on here and saw yours
neveraway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »

Hi

Sorry to hear of the loss...I lost my son 4 years ago...and found till
now inner strength to keep me going.....hope the same with you...
somehow we survive...have hope..

Ivan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length