Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Footer Navigation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:18:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Never Away Message Board
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  It's at this time of night 2345hrs that sites like this would be very helpfull.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's at this time of night 2345hrs that sites like this would be very helpfull.  (Read 7403 times)
Brian

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2008, 11:57:27 PM »

Ivan's site and also mine would be very beneficial at this time of night for  us to may be talk about our lost sons and daughters or maybe just a general chit chat for those of us who can't get off to sleep because of all the memories we have. My wife has gone to bed , youngest son has gone to bed, it's just me and this pc. Any body reading this please sign in and promote neveraway into the community we all need help and with this site we can support each other.
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
Hi
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:10:32 PM »

Yes its true -late in the evenings and night time are the worse and yes we need communication to keep us going-it wld ne brilliat if all beraeved parents in scotland on uk could unite and help each other-I have found comfort in writing down all that is in my head-that way I kow i can realse it from my head and read it when i want.
You should try it
rgds
Ivan
Brian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:54:51 PM »

Hi Ivan, yes it would be great for us all to unite, but it looks as if we are still alone, our sites are being visited, but I feel frustrated that you and I and so many others who have lost a sibling ,have so much to offer yet find that the progress is very slow. The sentencing have gone up to 14yrs yet the Judges are still handing out disgustingly low imprisonment.May be i am expecting to much, but we are in the best position to offer our support. I don't know about you Ivan, but I have gone through the anger ( It is laying in dormant at the moment) , the suicide attempts, turning to alcohol to numb the pain, ( the drinking is now under control, I just have a couple of cans on the weekend now ) I am scared to go to the pub incase the wrong word gets me going and it would be the wrong person who will get 13 yrs of anger.
I'll leave it there for the moment
Regards
Brian
Rosarita

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

I know how it is sometimes at night when there is no one around and memories and feelings are so strong you need to reach out to someone who understands.  I lost my son 16 months ago and have come to understand that only a parent who has lost a child (of whatever age) can know the many nights when the pain comes back and you need to communicate and be understood.
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

Hi

its great you have found the site and come back at any time as you must remember
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
We are all parents with the worst loss that fate destiny throws at us.
i ams down the path and still affected. It never goes away but you learn to cope with better.
you get bad days and worse days is what i say.
Stay strong and you will survive
The love foe the ones gone never dies and they are always sound us

bless
Ivan
Rosarita

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »

I live in the US.  Maybe the time difference is the reason, but I don't find anyone in the chatroom.   Thank you for welcoming me.  I know we all share a common grief and sometimes it's important to talk to people who really understand.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length