Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Footer Navigation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:14:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Never Away Message Board
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  loss of my son
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: loss of my son  (Read 7404 times)
ak 1065

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 06:10:57 AM »

Hi I am a new member, I lost my 18 year old son in sept 07 following a car accident.It was such a terrible shock I think even now it still hasnt fully sunk in.Even though I am taking anti depressants and having counselling I am feeling worse not better.I feel like I am just existing for the sake of my two other children
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »

Hi

Afternoon
Most of us are Parents who have lost a child
I lost 20yrd old in car acc ---nov 2005
I have been on depressants and other
councelling just good for talking then back to square one

I have survived up till now even having attended trial etc just through initially being in a state of shock-numbness-and some willingnessto fight and fight as I still have a daughter-It will not get easier in the near future-but let nature take its course-crying is normal-depressing is normal-anger is normal-almost all your feelings you have inside are normal and expected-there is no time limit-eventuallu you will learn to cope better with it-but it never goes away
keep coming back to this site and talk and I shall reply

my mob is 0792 1044 785
rgds
Ivan

pantos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »

We lost our son Carl aged 24 last July (soon the first anniversary) I do know what you are saying - life will never be the same. Yes ours hearts are broken like yours.
Someone wrote to me and said it is like a disability you HAVE to live with it.

We are trying to make something positive come out of all the tears by not letting his life be for nothing - for you dont let the grief consume you - no you will never get over it and why should you it shouldnt have happened, but try just for today to think about the good things / the smiles while remembering your son.
One day at a time !

sue
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:03:20 PM »

Hi Sue

Yes, its one day at a time and I find it a daily battle, hopefully the pain will ease with time, in the mean time is good to talk to others as sometimes I feel I am alone or the only one with these feelings
Rgds
ivan
xxcatherinexx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »

i lost my son daniel feb 07 sudden just 18 years old. i dont feel im moving on, i feel so low i dont think i can carry on. its like its eaten away at me for so long i cant do anything now. can anyone help
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

i lost my son daniel feb 07 sudden just 18 years old. i dont feel im moving on, i feel so low i dont think i can carry on. its like its eaten away at me for so long i cant do anything now. can anyone help

Catherine
hang on--although rough even on a daily basis-what i found that nothing goes away but you start to cope better with the trauma-it affect people in different ways and different ways to cope with it-I started the website and now a book-writing of my experience was comforting-
keep speaking your mind on the site and I shall reply all the time so that you are not alone

Ivan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length