Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Footer Navigation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 06:14:57 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Never Away Message Board
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  My loss
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My loss  (Read 8017 times)
marina1954

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »

Hi , my beautiful 20 year old son died on 6 June 2007.  He was fixing his car in the garage and died of carbon monoxide poisoning.  In the middle of dark very desperate days and nights I trawled the internet to find just such a site as this.   Nothing, but nothing, prepares you for being a bereaved parent.  I shall visit this site again.  
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »

Hi Marina
Its great you have discovered the website
Absolutely correct---impossible to prepare yourself
my son Riccardo went 28 nov 2005 and still hell of a raw on the inside,
no time scale ,no actual cure is available just self control
whenever possible.Even knowing others are in the same boat may be comforting- but not really-you may discover that people you know
may stick around or like happened to us dissapear for no reason.
I am on regularly and keep posting your feelings and thoughts
my email if you wish is
ivan77@hotmail.co.uk
ivan
garnet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »

Marina and Ivano,
My daughter departed this world 5/13/03, three days after her 34th
birthday.  She left 2 very young daughters ages 5 & 7.  No explainable
cause of death - she passed in sleep around 4:00 A.M..  There is no measure for the pain I feel even now, nearly 3 years later.  I get almost angry when people say "It's time to get over it or It's time to move on now."  The pain never ends.  I'm still trying to adjust and am having a very difficult time of it.  If I could get over it, I would.  Friends don't want to hear it any more an neither does family.  You grieve alone after what
others think is "time enough".  Or you try to find someone who needs
someone because they are hurting the same way.  I know your pain.
Most Sincerely, Garnet
leanne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

hi All

i lost my Daughter aged 18 months old on the 28th feb 2007 its just over a year since she went and i cant believe the pain i live with everyday i miss her so much,
Katelyn died after falling into a bath and she got 20% scolds she died 4 days later from infection leaving me and my family heart broken

leanne
ivan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:23:09 AM »

Hi Leanne

Just read your message and truly truly sorry about your loss, and believe me, when i say I know what you are going through, day by day, or hour by hour as i passed that way and still I am, and mine took place on Nov05.
The only words i can say is that somehow we humans manage to cope-be it difficult-painful-along with all the other symptoms like anger-shock-depression-and amny more.The bad thing I found was that they come and go and I am travelling dowm memory lane most days as there is always something to trigger an emotion,
You may want to keep yourself fully occupied as a distraction or like me  - quiteness is bliss.
I believe most of what your are experiencing now- you will have with you
for a very long time-you will learn to handle it all better.
You can come to the site often and i shall reply and remember your are not alone.
my mobile is 0792 1044 785
email   ivan77@hotmail.co.uk
in the evening i go on that chat room
Try and stay strong.
scottiealan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:31:21 PM »

Marina.. i feel your pain, kee your chin up. I lost my son Chris aged 15 january 2007 died in his sleep and we had no idea why??. God bless you. please feel free to reply anytime for support. Alan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length